The Empire State (Journal Entry)



Touchdown right in the Big Apple. As we reached New York we looked out the window and saw a lot of suburbs. Then the next thing I knew the plane suddenly went down 130 degree slope. I looked out again and saw that we was really close to the building and from what I can see, the plane was 10 meters off an average building. Then we were close enough that I can see a car sign then suddenly the plane pitched downard and then BAM! The plane have sort of landed on the tower. When I came to wind was blowing all over my face.  That’s when I noticed what had happened. The front part of the plane have landed on a building, while the tail of the plane was dangling down, just like the Titanic when it split into 2 except this situation was real. The thing was Marvin, I, and 7 more people was at the tail section dangling down a hundred meter drop which in other words we are completely screwed. I woke up a dazed Marvin, and when he finally came to, the first thing he did was pinched himself. When he realized he wasn’t dreaming he was completely shocked and flailed around. Once I was able to calm him, I don't know what to do with the others. I first analyzed the situation. Several metal parts and wires was the only thing that was keeping from us from falling down. It creaked everytime it swings under the strain and stress of the weight. I then decided to wake everyone up, from their unconsciousness. After a few minutes of waking up, screaming, then finally calming down everyone was as calm as they can be on” a about to fall to their death.” One said that we should wait for the emergency crew. One said that we should try to scale up. And another was that we try to jump to the building’s window that is only 1 storey below us. All the ideas seemed pretty dumb to be but all three was the best choice we have. The Marvin just did the process of elimination. He noted that we can’t scale the wires and metal since it would break, because of the strain. He then said that, we can’t jump to the next floor because unless all of us have a running start and is an olympian long jump athlete we won’t be able to make it. The lastly he said if wait for rescue, the wires might give way. Everyone just nodded at this, while I know that he just eliminated all off the choices. So we all then just agreed to wait for rescue. We stood still as statues in specific locations where the stress won’t be too big for the wires. After few minutes later the wires started to snap one by one. It was the sound everyone dreaded. Then as if on cue several helicopters arrived and dropped ladders. I have never been more happy to see a helicopter lower a ladder. But the problem was that everyone just rushed forward like a tsunami which made the last wires and metal all snap. We wailed and screamed as the the plane’s tail went down. I felt airless and closed my eyes, and the next thing I knew was that we all were standing. I opened my eyes to look at the stairway to heaven or to the highway to hell. Instead I saw a copter hovering above with me with rushing wind, but I don’t care because I am saved. An enormous super strong magnet was keeping everyone from being flattened like a pancake. After a few hours of interview and questioning. I was lucky to be alive and so was Marvin. Our suitcases were harmed with some scratches and all my belonging was with me. I felt super lucky besides the fact I did not die from a crashed plane. that I think my luck wouldn’t get worse. I also felt bad because only 29 out of the 50 people was alive. It was already night time and I had dinner on the flight except Marvin, since he hated plane food. So Marvin went out to take out and agreed to meet me inside our hotel room. While waiting for Marvin I booked a tour for tomorrow at 15:15 And 2 hours later we were snoring happily away. The next day we had a trip all planned out .I planned that that we walk to an art museum. We first took the New York City Subway. While skimming through online I found out that there have been 15,152 life forms in the train including bacteria and germs. That was so gross to me what I don’t even know if there have been a “Madagascar” situation in the train( I am quoting the movie when the hippo, lion, giraffe, went into the train)I was so grossed out that I did not dare touch the rails wondering what kind of harmful disease had been there. That thought sent me shuddering about it. We finally stopped at a place. And when I got out of the station I suddenly found myself staring at a whole ton of graffitis on the sidewalk. When I then looked up to marvel at the skyscrapers I then saw“The Skyscraper with no Windows.” The thought was strange seeing skyscraper with no windows. When we hit the streets by walking, I noticed something strange. The cars were honking. I searched up the law for New York City last night and in one part it stated that people can’t honk their cars unless for emergency. I just shrugged and kept walking. Marvin and I was tired from walking so I decided to ask a local for the location of Walmart. He replied “There are no Walmarts here” Shocked at the reply I just trudged along and went to 7 11 to buy a drink. When we finally arrived at the art museum I looked at the time and it was 3:20! We went in to go to our tour group but the guard stopped us, even I told him that we were late for the tour. I moaned and went outside. I looked at the map outside and it turns out it was a back entrance. I went to the back entrance and it turns out the security guard was nice enough that he let us through the gat to catch up with the tour. When I reached the group they were talking about a painting about the buying of Manhattan in 1626 from the native people. The guide said something like “In total, the buying of Manhattan equivalent to modern day dollars is $1000!” I was amazed at this, and wondered what it was like for the Natives. There was so many paintings to see. And when the tour was done I checked my backpack for the room key and found a miniature painting laying there at the bottom. I asked Marvin if he put it there but was just as clueless as I was. After the shock,  Marvin asked he we can sell it to the highest bidder. I also thought of that but that would be the best way of getting ourselves arrested. When I searched up online on what painting I had. I have a $100,000 painting right on my hands. I told Marvin about this and said my counting skills was bad and it was a 1 million dollar painting. I gasped at this and have no clue what to do with it. I then went to the dark web looking for bidders and the highest went up to 10 million dollars from an art collector. He then immediately wired the money to me. I was shocked at this. Then I promised him that I had sent the painting to him via mail. I then laid back in the comfortable chair, closed my eyes, and then began to imagine what life would be like with the money.

After everything that happened yesterday with the plane crash, the painting, and the 10 million dollars, Marvin and I was thinking about spending that money. We first went to the famous Wall Street. The place was packed jammed from what I can see from Broadway to South Street. I took pictures after pictures with Marvin behind me. I saw the entrance of the Stock Exchange which is basically a place where people manages the stock market. I then walked further and saw a big replica of the Parthenon with an American flag underneath it. After the walk my camera was loaded with pictures and my memory was half full. Most of the pictures was blurry from me standing around and being shoved around by the crowd. Then there was Marvin who photobombed some of the pictures, like him “eating” the front replica of the Parthenon. After the walk in Wall Street and all the pictures, we went headed to the dock to catch a ferry to Liberty Island. It was an orange and white striped ferry. Marvin and I was the last passengers and as soon as we hopped on the turbines churrened and slowly by slowly we were off. I looked out the port side and saw waves lapping on the port’s beam and the port’s bow. I then rushed towards the bow. I looked down and it looks like a sword cutting through paper. I took pictures and got a beautiful skyline of Manhattan. After a few minutes we were on Liberty Island. I went on to the land and saw the beautiful sight. The Statue of Liberty. It was a gift from the French for congratulating them for winning the revolutionary war. I tried to picture this green beauty as a golden statue. Before the statue was golden made out of copper but then the acidity in the air cause my air pollution started turning the golden beauty into a green statue. I walked towards the statue’s entrance. When I got the entrance fee to go to the top crown I was baffled about the price it cost 60 dollars per person to go to the top. It was extremely expensive. When Marvin came over he reminded me that we still have 10 million dollars and that we came here to have fun. I then agreed and paid for the tickets and Marvin and I went up. When we got to the top the sight was breathtaking. Literally. I guess the same had happened to Marvin. I took several pictures at different angles. I felt like I was on a plane which was an experience I was not looking for but the sight made it all go away.  Then a mass crowd went up. I tried to go through the crowd but I just kept being shoved back. Behind me I heard a shrill. I turned behind and so did the other people that they stopped dead in there tracks. There was a boy dangling off the ledge. People reached their hands and kept on telling the boy to reach out. It was no use, One of the boy’s hand was on the ledge the other was waving frantically. Then he lost his grip and tumbled down to the floor. There were wails and screams of the mother and father. Skipping this part because kind of gory. It turns out Marvin accidentally pushed the boy when trying to reach to me. It was an accident but the parents were trying to sue him. We went to court and after an hour Marvin only received a fine of $5 million. I paid up because it was either that or Marvin goes to jail. It was kinda awkward walking out the door with the parents but then soon we got into a taxi and drove off  to the motel and slept. Before I slept I was thinking about everything like the boy, the painting then the crash all in one city.
「new york photos」的圖片搜尋結果

Comments

Popular Posts